About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for any passionate self-shooter aiming to make the step up into commercial filmmaking. As an associate filmmaker/editor, you’ll be the first port of call for any filmmaking opportunities, including music videos, promo videos and live event filming. As well as initially assisting on shoots and working as editor, you should be willing to later move into taking the lead on projects, seeing them through from start to finish and becoming a representative of the company.
We have a varied client base in Bristol and the South West, and are expanding rapidly; among our clients are local music groups and charities, as well as national organisations. We also produce a slate of short films each year, with a focus on social issues and current affairs; previous work has addressed bullying, loneliness and homelessness. Hours required will vary depending on volume of business so flexibility is very important, and work will be on a freelance basis, with a pre-discussed fee per project (with the potential for a fixed-fee contract in future).
- You will be creative, committed and organised.
- Based in Bristol or the surrounding area.
- You will own your own camera equipment and editing/colour grading software.
- You will be flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Experience editing to a brief.
- Access to a car and a clean driver’s license; many of our shoots take place in more remote locations.
- Experience dealing with clients.
- Experience in commercial editing.
- Experience in content creation for different purposes.
- A passion for addressing social issues and current affairs.
- Previous experience in marketing/social media campaigns.
Please send a CV, covering letter (no more than 150 words) and showreel (if you have one) to email@example.com, with the subject title Associate Filmmaker Application.